Accounts Assistant @ Enviu Indonesia
Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build programs and ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on. We are growing rapidly through our offices in the Netherlands, India, Indonesia and Kenya; working on topics of sustainable apparel, zero-emission shipping, zero waste living and sustainable food systems.
Therefore we are looking for an ambitious team player to join our finance team in Indonesia. This is an ideal opportunity for a driven professional that loves to work in a dynamic environment and wants to make impact through their work.
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
- We dream big: a future that seems impossible. We take action ourselves and invite others to turn impossible to ‘I’m possible’.
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so.
- If we think we can do something on our own, we are not dreaming big enough: Together is more.
- We want to support you to discover what you deeply want to do, what you are good at, and what gives meaning to your life.
- We learn, not to judge the past, but to improve the future.
- We work with ~45 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Jakarta, Bangalore & Nairobi
- work closely with your line manager in ensuring that all departmental & targets and expectations are met in timely manner. Although your main focus will be on the Indonesian accounts, you may be involved in supporting our international offices with day-to-day accounting activities.
- Recording of all accounting transactions as per Accounting Principles in the accounting system
- Sourcing, filing, and accounting for all expenses and their proof-of-payment documentation
- Posting of accounts receivable and following up to ensure timely collections
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments.
- Preparing payments to suppliers and sending for approval
- Support all project procurements and the inventory/maintenance of all equipment, materials and supplies necessary for the execution of project activities
- Verify and process expense reimbursement, support management expense claims and credit card claims.
- To balance bank accounts, daily input of bank statements and bank reconciliations to ensure objectives are met on a daily basis.
- To provide support with the reconciliation of all accounts.
- To deal with accounts related queries, concerns and comments from external auditors, funders and other organisations in an efficient and effective manner.
- To demonstrate Enviu’s values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by line manager
- A relevant accounting degree, Minimum D3/ S1 in Economics, Accountancy or its equivalent, 0-2 years experience.
- Good knowledge in taxation, preferably possessed Brevet A & B certification.
- Competent IT skills, particularly proficiency with spreadsheet software
- Experience with QuickBooks, PowerBI and/or ODOO is a pre
- The ability to produce accurate financial reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
- The ability to work to strict time constraints
- The ability to prioritise work
- An organised and methodical approach to a task
- Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a people person, has excellent communication skills, is fluent in Bahasa and English and has a good sense of humour.
What we offer you
- the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment;
- A job with purpose and societal impact;
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
- For this role, we are offering an initial 1-year contract for 40 hours per week with a market related package for the impact sector
Enviu loves diversity. Different perspectives, backgrounds and insights increase our thought process and improve the outcome. It doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are and who you love. We are only curious about your drive and motivation to contribute to Enviu and its impact ambitions. You are not obliged to state your date of birth and gender in your application.
We hope to hear from you soon!