REWEAVE PROGRAM, ENVIU
📝 FULL-TIME 📍BANGALORE, INDIA
Hi! We are Enviu, a social impact venture-building studio headquartered in the Netherlands. We are looking for an All-round Marketer in India, who can join us on our crazy mission to build social impact ventures and drive systemic change. You will do so by using your marketing and content creation skills, personal commitment towards sustainability, creative ideas and a can-do attitude. If it tickles your fancy, read on.
NOTE: Put on your creative and enterprising lens to read further
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Allround Marketer will contribute to Enviu’s Reweave program in India, Kenya and Bangladesh. Reweave is an initiative to close the loop on textile waste. By valorizing textile waste as raw materials, the multiple ventures under the program build circular business models that will simultaneously unlock empowering job opportunities. What we do at Enviu is not easy, with changing systems, building ventures, and developing markets. However, it is awesome and changing the world slowly but steadily. And the world needs to know. This is where Reweave’s All-round Marketer (based in Bangalore) will play a crucial role — to tell the world about our fantastic work, and inspire foundations, venture capitalists, and enterprises to partner with us.
You will work closely with the Marketing, Communications & PR team in the Netherlands to provide creative communications strategy and execute it. However, you are the initiator, executor and the captain of Reweave’s website and other social media channels. You will build Reweave’s online and offline presence using creatively crafted blogs, social media posts, newsletters, impact reports, and other communication and provide local PR support and PR materials.
HOW YOUR DAYS LOOK LIKE
- Manage Reweave’s website, and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter).
- Create quirky yet visually appealing posts (maybe some videos) tailored to our audience.
- Interview our venture builders, partners and funders to showcase our processes and successes.
- Visit our sorting centers and other sites (where we create magic with textile waste), and interview the waste workers, recyclers and other stakeholders to share their stories.
- Monitor and analyze our online channels, and creatively explore how we can improve as well as grow our presence.
- Build our local and industry media presence together with Enviu’s PR Expert.
- Build message houses together with our partners, represent Enviu in communication meetings and monitor our corporate identity in internal and external communication.
- Create an annual MarCom plan for the Reweave program (strategic direction, KPIs, targets, define audience, key messages etc.)
- Help coordinate our yearly Impact Report to share incredible stories and motivate our partners.
WHO YOU ARE
- Have about 2-3 years of experience in marketing & communications.
- A true storyteller: Always curious and eager to translate what you find into inspiring content
- A born copywriter: Writing catchy posts and cool blog posts is no problem for you.
- Tech-savvy: Experience with online, technical and visual tools like Mailchimp, WordPress, Canva, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Have a fair knowledge of video creation and editing.
- Familiar with target audiences like foundations, investors, and other stakeholders in the impact venture-building field and the textile industry.
- Familiar with media relations.
- Good at processing complex information and making it comprehensible for all.
- A hands-on mentality person who can work well independently (but hey, never hesitate to ask for help). You’re a self-starter, who knows how to prioritize work.
- You have an eye for design and visual elements.
- Passionate about the zero-waste movement.
- A competitive salary ranging from €13k-16k per year (INR 11-14 lakh/year)— based on your knowledge and experience.
- A nice and welcoming office space in the heart of Bangalore city.
- You will not just be stuck behind your laptop but often be on the road to visit our ventures and gather cool content.
- You can help build different offerings, from a handlooms company to hotel linen services.
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment where you can think independently, as well as experiment — or in the Enviu parlance, pilot your ideas.
- An international environment, where you collaborate with our Allround Marketers in the Netherlands, Indonesia and Kenya.
- You get to work closely with our renowned partner organizations such as CAIF, IKEA Foundation, H&M Foundation, Concordia, DOEN Foundation and GIZ.
WHO IS ENVIU?
Enviu is an international not-for-profit organization headquartered in The Netherlands. We are an impact venture-building studio, taking a programmatic approach to build ventures in the fashion, retail, food and logistics sectors. Founded in 2004, Enviu became a venture studio in 2010. Enviu has (co)founded 24 impact-driven ventures since 2010. Currently, Enviu has 14 ventures in the pipeline.
Our ventures are founded on innovative business models to address food waste in Kenya, textile waste in India, plastic waste in Indonesia and the Netherlands, as well as clean energy in the maritime sector in the Netherlands. They are designed to mitigate the negative impact of waste on the environment, while creating job opportunities.
If yes, we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV, motivation letter [or maybe, a video or whatever floats your boat], and, if possible, portfolio to email@example.com before February 15, 2023. Kindly note that we will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate. So, don’t delay; please send us your application soon. Do not hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We hope to hear from you soon, and, maybe, build some world-changing companies with you.