Financial Accountant @ Enviu Netherlands
Social Venture Building Studio Enviu is looking for a talented and ambitious Financial Accountant to shape and optimize the Finance & Administration function of Enviu and its ventures. Someone who understands that where impact meets business, magic happens. Someone who likes to build, is pro-active, and has an entrepreneurial mindset. Do you see the long-term financial consequences of decisions? Can you take a helicopter view and have an eye for detail? Well… then we are looking for you!
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
Enviu believes in an economy that serves people and planet. And in the power of impact-driven entrepreneurship to get us there. Enviu has offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta & Nairobi. Together with partners we develop issue driven, entrepreneurial programs to disrupt and drive specific industries towards a “new normal.” We build multiple companies that prove inclusive and sustainable business models and inspire the market to do the same. But if we could do this alone we would not be dreaming big enough: Working together is the starting point of this new economy!
To ensure success as a Financial Accountant, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting and have experience in a similar environment. The successful candidate will be someone whose financial accounting and business management expertise translates into sustained business growth. They will provide financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data and preparing reports.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to produce the month-end reporting pack within Group deadlines;
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed each month;
- Process month end journals, including payroll, depreciation, overheads, accruals and prepayments;
- Have primary responsibility over timely submission of all statutory returns for various authorities, including VAT return and EU Statistics (Intrastat);
- Have primary responsibility for year-end statutory accounts and audit process;
- Communicate with funders, subsidy providers, suppliers, banks, auditors, accountants/payroll providers, Dutch tax authority (Belastingdienst) and government agencies.
- Do accounting support for our portfolio companies
- Maintain Internal Controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Oversee accounting procedures and supervising junior financial department staff.
Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards (Dutch GAAP, IFRS) and financial regulations.
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in business management and accounting software, AFAS, QuickBooks and Power BI is a pre.
- Superb organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in tax, accounting, or finance, CMA and/or CFA is a pre
- At least three years experience in a company accountant or similar role.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with working in a fast-pace and proven successful in complex business environments, working project-based with the business on different levels.
- Capable to work both individually as in a team.
- Ability to create structure and overview.
- Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a people person, has excellent communication skills, is fluent in Dutch and English and has a good sense of humour.
- Room for you to discover what you like to do, think creatively, and take initiative.
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential.
- A remuneration package matching with the impact sector
- A sneak peek in the international kitchen of Enviu, where you can meet all venture builders and discuss their projects.
- A nice and welcoming office space in the centre of Rotterdam, with fair chain coffee, exotic teas and fruits waiting for you every morning.
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
- The contract hours are 32-40 hours per week.
Send us your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before December 31st, 2022. Kindly note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.
Call (010) 2887970 and ask for Annika or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
Enviu loves diversity. Different perspectives, backgrounds and insights increase our thought process and improve the outcome. It doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are and who you love. We are only curious about your drive and motivation to contribute to Enviu and its impact ambitions. You are not obliged to state your date of birth and gender in your CV and application form.
We hope to hear from you soon!