What we do
Hi! We’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build companies that address social and environmental issues. We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta, Nairobi & Kuala Lumpur.
We’re looking for an innovation intern to join our textile venture building program! Within this program, we looking to build 2-3 companies that can change the textile industry in India into a circular and fair one. Specifically we’re focused on finding ways to improve the collection & sorting of textile waste. The apparel industry is the second most polluting industry in the world, and is not taking care of its most vulnerable workers. An estimated 75 million people employed by the industry globally are working under unfair conditions. Most of them work on collection & sorting. We aim to introduce new companies to make the textile collection & sorting process fairer, cleaner, safer and more sustainable in India.
What we’re looking for & what you will do
We are looking for someone amazing that can help us build these amazing companies.
What would you be doing?
- Help research into the problems in the textile industry when it comes to collection & sorting
- Create a stakeholder map of all the players in the textile collection & sorting industry
- Create a map of the types of textile waste, amount of textile waste, where it comes from & where it goes to
- Scouting innovations & start-ups that are currently improving the collection & sorting process of the textile industry
- Help plan & conduct interviews with industry leading experts in the sustainable fashion industry
- Find industry-changing ideas to improve the collection & sorting industry in India
- Work with our partners in India
- Help coordinate the project
- Create updates, powerpoints, reports etc.
- And ultimately …. Help build world changing companies!
You are / have…
- A master’s student, or Year 3 Bachelor student
- Preferably studies in sustainability, business administration, economics etc.
- Based & living in the Netherlands (with a Dutch BSN number)
- Good with PowerPoint
- Self-starting, motivated, independent & logic thinker
- Good written and verbal knowledge of English
- Passionate about sustainable fashion, circular business models, clean oceans etc.
- The ability to learn & deep-dive into the sustainable fashion & textile industry
- Hands-on experience in business innovation in one of our flagship programs
- Room for you to discover what you like to do, think creatively and take initiative
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential;
- A sneak peek in the international kitchen of Enviu, where you can meet all venture builders and discuss their projects;
- Working with a group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world;
- Personal development, development of knowledge and (free) training;
- A nice and welcoming office space in the center of Rotterdam, with fair chain coffee, exotic teas and fruits waiting for you every morning
- Relative to your experience, we offer an internship fee of 250 to 350 EUR per month for full time engagement
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 3 month internship
- Location: Rotterdam – could possibly be online too.
Interested? Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not hesitate to send an email if you need more information or have any questions.