Office Manager (20 hours) @ Enviu Netherlands
Hi, we’re Enviu. We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and the planet. We build businesses that address social and environmental issues and are a driving force in the development of a more sustainable world. But if we could do this alone, we wouldn’t dream big enough. We have an extensive network of entrepreneurs, companies, experts, philanthropists and enthusiasts with whom we work to realize our ambitions.
Enviu is an international impact venture building studio headquartered in Rotterdam. From our programs, we design, build and grow impact-driven, scalable ventures to drive a sector’s transition to a new, sustainable and inclusive normal. We currently have programs in the areas of sustainable shipping, circular economy and sustainable food systems. Over the past 17 years, we have launched 20 ventures with our teams in Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Netherlands.
About the role…
We are looking for a proactive, hands-on all-rounder to manage our Rotterdam office. Someone who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, can bring structure and support to our team and wants to make an impact with her/his work.
As Office Manager, you will be the positive focal point of our support activities. From ensuring a good working environment in the office, to organizing team days, supporting our management team and handling all general incoming queries.
Your work consists of 40% office management, 40% HRM support and 20% IT support. So we are looking for a jack-of-all-trades! Your main duties are:
- Lots of talking; from welcoming guests, welcoming new colleagues & answering the phone to handling general correspondence and queries.
- Keeping the office nice & green; ordering office supplies, looking after the plants and ensuring a tidy working environment
- Social hub: organizing our Team Days, get-togethers and other activities
- You support the booking of airline tickets and hotels
- You make sure projectors are ready & flowers are delivered
- You are the eyes and ears of Enviu, making people feel welcome and at home
- Organize On Boarding programs for new employees & support in Learning Cycle activities, keeping staff files and contracts up-to-date, holiday schedules and holiday hours
- You will arrange all IT essentials for new colleagues, such as e-mail addresses, laptops (if needed), access to our Enviu IT environment
- You will be the contact person for all IT-related questions and arrange follow-up by our external IT consultant
- Hospitality is your middle name!
- You have a hands-on and flexible mindset
- 2+ years in a similar position
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written language skills in Dutch and English
- Experience in or affinity with working in an international dynamic organization
- Good knowledge of and experience with modern ICT tools such as the MS Office package
- Problem-solving ability
- An eye for detail and shows initiative
- A good sense of humor
The contract hours are 20 hours per week and the place of employment is our Rotterdam office.
Enviu offers a unique opportunity to facilitate our team to make this world a better place. A job with meaning. The package is market-based for the impact sector.
Enviu loves diversity. Different perspectives, backgrounds and insights enhance our thought process and improve the outcome. It doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are or who you love. We are only curious about your drive and motivation to contribute to Enviu and its impact ambitions. You are not obliged to mention your date of birth and gender in your CV and cover letter.
Do you have an open, committed and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact and are you interested? Then send your CV and motivation as soon as possible but before 09 October to firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to hear from you soon!