Junior Controller @ Enviu, Netherlands
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious Junior Controller to shape and optimize the Finance & Administration function of Enviu and its ventures. Someone who understands that where impact meets business, magic happens. Someone who likes to build, is pro-active, and has an entrepreneurial mindset. Do you see the long-term financial consequences of decisions? Can you take a helicopter view and have an eye for detail? Can you crunch the numbers to feed sound strategic decisions and bring structure and overview in a highly dynamic environment? Well… then we are looking for you!
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more…
Enviu believes in an economy that serves people and planet. And in the power of impact-driven entrepreneurship to get us there. Enviu has offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta & Nairobi. Together with partners we develop issue driven, entrepreneurial programs to disrupt and drive specific industries towards a “new normal.” We build multiple companies that prove inclusive and sustainable business models and inspire the market to do the same. But if we could do this alone we would not be dreaming big enough: Working together is the starting point of this new economy!
To ensure success as a management accountant, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting and experience in a similar environment. An outstanding management accountant will be someone whose financial accounting and business management expertise translates into sustained business growth. Provide financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Gathering and interpreting information to evaluate the efficiency of financial procedures.
- Analysing key financial data and advising senior management on strategic planning.
- Developing and implementing cost-effective financial policies and procedures, as well as mitigating financial risks.
- Preparing financial reports and budgets, as well as controlling and forecasting income and expenditure.
- Overseeing accounting procedures and supervising junior financial department staff.
- Monitoring auditing and taxation practices, as well as evaluating benefits and compensation packages.
- Ensuring that financial management and internal control policies and procedures adhere to regulatory standards.
- Performing financial recordkeeping, as well as protecting sensitive and confidential information.
- Keeping informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in management accounting.
- Cashflow forecasting
- Checking and advising on financial soundness of business cases in our programs / ventures
- Prepare special financial reports such as but not limited to financial grant reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Occasional finance support for our portfolio companies
Accountant Qualifications / Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting standards (Dutch GAAP, IFRS) and financial regulations.
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in business management and accounting software, AFAS, QuickBooks and Power BI is a pre.
- Superb organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in tax, accounting, or finance, CMA and/or CFA is a pre
- A minimum of five years of accounting work experience of which two years as a management accountant.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with working in a fast-pace and proven successful in complex business environments, working project-based with the business on different levels.
- Capable to work both individually as in a team.
- Ability to create structure and overview.
- Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a people person, has excellent communication skills, is fluent in Dutch and English and has a good sense of humour.
- The contract hours are ideally 32 hours per week.
- Room for you to discover what you like to do, think creatively, and take initiative.
- An entrepreneurial start-up environment that gives you space to think independently and explore your potential.
- A remuneration package matching with the impact sector
- A sneak peek in the international kitchen of Enviu, where you can meet all venture builders and discuss their projects.
- A nice and welcoming office space in the centre of Rotterdam, with fair chain coffee, exotic teas and fruits waiting for you every morning.
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
Send us your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 21 June 2022.
Call (010) 2887970 and ask for Annika or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information.
Enviu loves diversity. Different perspectives, backgrounds and insights increase our thought process and improve the outcome. It doesn’t matter where you were born, what you believe in, how old you are and who you love. We are only curious about your drive and motivation to contribute to Enviu and its impact ambitions. You are not obliged to state your date of birth and gender in your CV and application form.
We hope to hear from you soon!