Hi, we are Enviu
We believe in an inclusive economy that serves people and planet. We build ventures that address social and environmental issues hands-on, and drive market development. In order to achieve this, we’re teaming up with the “best of the best”.
We are looking for a full-time Venture Builder to join our team in India – Bangalore. The best Venture Builders are former entrepreneurs, early-stage start-up leaders or entrepreneurial consultants that have the ambition to work on social enterprises that contribute to system change. Are you up for this challenge?
Let us introduce ourselves a bit more..
- We are a serial entrepreneur; ideating, validating and building sustainable ventures to drive tomorrow’s economy
- We start from the issue that needs a solution; we envision and design a road to disruptive change
- We take action ourselves, on the ground, proving new, sustainable models and inviting others to join
- We are passionate about changing the world for the better and bring an impact-driven entrepreneurial attitude to do so
- We partner intensively with mission-aligned, complementary organizations of all sorts
- We run 5 global programs in the domains of Plastics, Textiles, Shipping, Financial Inclusion and Food
- We have built 20 impact ventures since 2004
- We work with ~35 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta & Nairobi
About the Role
Enviu has been building world changing companies in climate & circular economy since 2004. Our office in India has been founded in 2016, has built 4 ventures and is incubating 3 ventures at this moment. The key focus of the office currently is on circularity, with as its largest program ‘Reweave’ where we are building a circular apparel supply chain.
We are looking for Passionate Venture Builders with entrepreneurial experience to jointly develop our start-up projects into fully running enterprises.
- Work on 1 or 2 projects, interventions or ventures, developing the business concept, validating the business model and setting up the early operations.
- Develop innovative business models through lean validation
- Be a product manager who is responsible for defining the “market – value proposition – product” triangle.
- Quickly prototype, pilot and test different business models or assumptions with the target group.
- Design business concepts for scalability and replicability, leveraging technological innovation.
- Perform in-depth primary and secondary research and root cause analysis into the issues we are targeting.
- Be building key partnerships, with both large and small organizations, commercial and non-commercial
- Set up and structure new companies, including team, operations, financial and legal compliance and so on.
- Plan and budget for your project(s).
- Analyse and control of revenues, costs and margins.
- Raise funds (both grants and equity), identify funders, financial modelling, prepare pitch decks, investor pitches, grant-writing and due diligence processes.
- Build key partnerships to accelerate our impact and financial results.
- Collaborate with the international team on strategy, finance, marketing, etc.
You’d be perfect for the role if you have:
- A proven track record of at least 8 years working experience, out of which at least three years as entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a company.
- The right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds, from small manufacturers, entrepreneurs to investors or CEOs of multinationals.
- Led teams of 5+ people.
- Passion for social entrepreneurship.
- Empathy and are inquisitive.
- A hands-on, can-do approach.
- A Bachelor’s degree at a reputed institute.
- Successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management.
- Experience in building partnerships and fundraising with commercial and public partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government).
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Substantial experience with Lean Startup methodology along with experience in Human Centric Design is a plus.
- Experience in the field of textile value chain, circularity, social impact and building a scalable venture in India is a plus.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a people manager, fluent in English, can work independently and has a great sense of humour. The job will be performed in Bangalore, India.
- What we can offer in return:
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment.
- A remuneration package matching with the impact sector
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- A job with purpose and societal impact.
- The opportunity to build social enterprises.
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues from all over the world who share the ambition to change the world.
How to apply
Do you have an open, engaged and strong personality with a drive for entrepreneurship and impact? Please send your resume and motivation via the following form before 31st October 2021: https://forms.gle/oGXT3RDKGd4MD5Ck8