REWEAVE PROGRAM, ENVIU
📝 FULL-TIME 📍BANGALORE, INDIA
Hi! We are Enviu, a social impact venture-building studio headquartered in the Netherlands. We are looking for a Venture Builder with expertise in Business Design in India, who can join us on our crazy mission to build social impact ventures and drive systemic change. You will do so by using your passion for building businesses, combined with your conceptual skills of a consultant, the creative ideation skills of a product designer, and the structuring skills of a project manager. If this has got you excited, read on.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The venture builder will contribute to Enviu’s Reweave program in India. Reweave is an initiative to close the loop on textile waste in which we have developed key interventions to fill gaps in the textile value chain in India, Kenya, and soon Bangladesh. As an example, this has led to the start-up UpTex (one of its kind sorting center for textile waste). What we do at Enviu is not easy, with changing systems, building ventures, and developing markets. Nevertheless, our ambition is big, and we will continue to build circular business models in the textile value chain.
You will work closely with the venture-building team and the human-centric design expert in the Netherlands. In the process of creating sustainable business solutions, you will fulfil a key role in extensive analysis and ideation, developing innovative business and bringing prospective customers into the process, and leveraging human-centered design.
HOW YOUR DAYS LOOK LIKE
- Perform in-depth primary and secondary research and root cause analysis into the issues we are targeting
- Exercise all aspects of Design Thinking, including research, interviewing, requirements gathering, empathy mapping, brainstorming, storyboarding, and continuous consumer feedback loops.
- Articulate pain points and opportunities, and uncover insights that can be mapped back to business value.
- Use design concepts and methodologies to design and build scalable game-changing business ideas, leveraging technological innovation.
- Map out assumptions, define metrics for success and quickly prototype and test different business models or assumptions with the target group based on the lean start-up methodology.
- Define and test the “market–value proposition–product” triangle.
- Design, build, and set up usability tests for service and product prototypes, working from sketches into quick prototypes that can be iterated with feedback, eventually leading into the pilot and build phase
- Engage and work together with partners, both large and small organizations, commercial and non-commercial.
- Conduct research across the various forms including review of textile industry reports, previous experiments undertaken by various experts, and other stakeholders in the sector— to uncover industry insights & venture opportunities
- Frame key questions, create research plans, conduct research, and synthesize the findings into meaningful, actionable insights to create impact business models
- Plan and budget for your project, as needed.
- Analyse and control revenues, costs, and margins.
- Collaborate with the international team on strategy, finance, marketing, etc.
WHO YOU ARE
You’d be perfect for the role if you have:
- A proven track record of at least 5 years, with solid experience in developing products and services that are innovative and scalable.
- Substantial experience in start-up processes and methodology (Lean Startup, Design Thinking)
- A Bachelor’s degree in innovation, product/service design, or similar areas.
- Experience in executing new product rollout, multi-stakeholder project management, and building a startup.
- The ability to think conceptually and act pragmatically.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- The right attitude to work with people with all kinds of backgrounds, from waste workers to investors or CEOs of multinationals.
- Experience in building partnerships with commercial partners (investors, corporates, NGOs, and governments).
- Experience in the fields of circular business and/or textiles is an added advantage.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is fluent in English, can work independently, and has a good sense of humor. The job will be performed in Bengaluru, India, and we are looking for a local candidate.
Salary indication: Between €25k- 32k p/y (Rs 22 lakh – 28 lakh per annum CTC), depending on the level of experience.
What else we can offer in return:
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment.
- A job as venture builder, with purpose and societal impact.
- The opportunity to build social enterprises.
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
WHO IS ENVIU
Enviu is an international not-for-profit organization headquartered in The Netherlands. We are an impact venture-building studio, taking a programmatic approach to build ventures in fashion, retail, food and logistics sectors. Founded in 2004, Enviu became a venture studio in 2010. Enviu has (co)founded 24 impact-driven ventures since 2010. Currently, Enviu has 14 ventures in the pipeline.
Our ventures are founded on innovative business models to address food waste in Kenya, textile waste in India and Kenya, plastic waste in Indonesia and the Netherlands, as well as clean energy in the mobility sector in the Netherlands. They are designed to mitigate the negative impact of waste on the environment, while creating job opportunities. We work with ~50 great people in our offices in Rotterdam, Bangalore, Jakarta, and Nairobi.
If yes, we’d love to hear from you. Send your CV, motivation letter, and if possible, portfolio to email@example.com before April 3rd, 2023. Kindly note that we will be interviewing on an ongoing basis, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate. So, don’t delay; please send us your application at the earliest. Do not hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We hope to hear from you soon, and maybe, build some world-changing companies with you.