Venture Builder for Circular Textiles Start-Up @ Enviu Bangladesh
Dhaka, Bangladesh, Full-time
UpTex is a fast-growing social venture that makes textile waste management efficient, circular and inclusive. It solves key bottlenecks in sourcing, sorting and connecting waste with solution providers while creating dignified livelihoods for waste workers. At our state-of-the-art facility in Chennai, India, we’re building a central hub for all forms of waste to be sorted and pre-processed to recover its value and enhance its reusability. We were founded by venture building studio Enviu with whom we work closely together to achieve our ambitious growth and impact targets.
After expanding to Kenya, we are now expanding to Bangladesh to establish a local circular economy on textile waste. We will build an infrastructure to recover value from waste locally and attract (international) recyclers to enter Bangladesh. Therefore, we are looking for a full-time Venture Builder to lead the start and growth of UpTex in Bangladesh. The best Venture Builders are former entrepreneurs, early-stage start-up leaders or entrepreneurial consultants that have the ambition to work on social enterprises that contribute to system change. Are you up for this challenge?
Your Role in UpTex
We have validated the model in India, built knowledge on sorting operations and quality assurance, connected to international clients, ran successful pilots…and now will expand to Bangladesh.
Together with local partners, you will focus on business development, set up the collection and sorting centre, build a team, create a network of operational partners and set the foundation for growth. While the job is fully operational in Bangladesh, you will be strongly connected to the international team of Enviu.
- Set up the early operations, apply learnings from other countries to the local context and establish operational excellence
- Be building key partnerships, with both large and small organizations, commercial and non-commercial
- Quickly prototype, pilot and test different business models or assumptions with new clients to establish commercially viable and scalable business processes
- Analyse and control revenues, costs and margins.
- Set up and structure the new local entity, including team, operations, financial and legal compliance and so on.
- Plan and budget for your project(s).
- Raise funds (both grants and equity), identify funders, develop financial modelling, prepare pitch decks, investor pitches, grant-writing and due diligence processes.
- Collaborate with the international team on strategy, finance, marketing, etc.
You’d be perfect for the role if you have:
- The right attitude to work with people with all kind of backgrounds, from small manufacturers, entrepreneurs to investors or CEOs of multinationals.
- A proven track record of >8 years working experience, out of which >2 years as entrepreneur, co-founder of a start-up or part of the management team of a company
- Led teams of 5+ people.
- A Bachelor’s degree at a reputed institute.
- Successful track record in multi-stakeholder project management.
- Experience in building partnerships and fundraising with commercial and public partners (investors, corporate, NGO, Government).
Furthermore, the ideal candidate is a people manager who knows how to recruit and nurture talent, has a hands-on, can-do approach and can work independently. You understand new issues quickly and recommend wise decisions. You inspire and create confidence in your internal and external stakeholders, The job will be performed in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Strong preference will be given to:
- Experience in the textile industry with an exposure to, circular economy, sustainability, waste recycling initiatives.
What we can offer in return:
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging international environment.
- A great opportunity to develop yourself both personally and professionally.
- A job with purpose and societal impact.
- The opportunity to build an impactful social enterprise
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
Salary indication: between 150,000৳- 250,000৳ p/m, dependent on level of experience
Duration: the initial contract period will be one year, with the intention to extend
Please send your resume and short note explaining your interest before 30st of November 2022 to email@example.com. Kindly note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate. So, don’t delay, please send us your application today.